Subject: RE: [energyinterop] Squeezing the Message

I think (3) states that we have. Of course, more squeezing is good.

It is noteworthy that there are specific use cases where all the flexibility that comes with verbose expressions is still required. For example, it is difficult to compress tiers because you still need to include multiple highwater marks for each interval. The challenge is maintain the flexibility that we must, while allowing the vast majority of messages to get much much smaller.

tc

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you stare long into an abyss, the abyss also stares into you."   - Fredrich Nietzche

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

TC Editor: EMIX, EnergyInterop

U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com/
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com