Subject: RE: [energyinterop] Smart Energy wording - line322 wd24 - comments requested

Bill,

I see you are suggesting moving the description of Transactive Energy from 3.1 to replace the generic description of Smart Energy or Collaborative Energy.  Presently EI distinguishes Event Based DR and VTN/VEN approaches from the Transactive Energy approach.

Earlier, some on the committee, including me wanted to merge the two approaches.  However, there was not support for that and some  clearly expressed a desire to keep the two approaches distinct.

I suggest we not make the change suggested for 322 with possible reconsideration post PR02..

Ed

Edward G. Cazalet, Ph.D.

101 First Street, Suite 552

Los Altos, CA 94022