Subject: RE: [energyinterop] Registration and Party IDs

A Party can be a customer, generation owner, ISO, LSE, marketer, DR Aggregator, Storage owner, Distribution Operator and so.  A Party is not a Resource.  A Party may own a generation resource or enroll a Demand Response Resource in a Program operated by another Party such as a DR Aggregator.

Edward G. Cazalet, Ph.D.

101 First Street, Suite 552

Los Altos, CA 94022

650-949-5274

cell: 408-621-2772

ed@cazalet.com

www.cazalet.com

From: Holmberg, David [mailto:david.holmberg@nist.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:40 AM
To: Bartell, Bruce; Koch, Edward; Toby.Considine@gmail.com; energyinterop@lists.oasis-open.org

I think Bruce is agreeing with me. Also, here are some related follow-on observations, if I am on the right track:

·        A customer can have multiple ESIs (VENs) each as face to a resource. In fact a resource can have multiple VENs each with a different PartyID representing that same resource to different markets, if such behavior is permitted by market rules. But from the program-operator/market-operator perspective, they see a resource with a single VEN (and single PartyID).

·        What is the difference then between a ResourceID and a PartyID? Lets say a customer has a DR resource that is very flexible and can participate in multiple programs offered  by some utility (a single Registrar with multiple market-contexts). The resource is enrolled as a Party and gets a PartyID, but then gets separate ResourceIDs for each program it registers for.

·        Is this right then: I enroll a resource and get a PartyID, then register that same Resource in a specific program (market-context) and get a ResourceID? Seems that enrollment allows me to say, “here is a Party (aka Resource) that can participate in any available programs (aka market-contexts) that you the Registrar (some enrollment agency) has available.” I provide contact info, customer ID, SDP/meter mRID, billing address, credit history, etc. needed for enrollment as required. After that I can register that Party (resource) for a specific program and get a ResourceID.

David