Subject: Factoring and Normalizing: Market Contexts and Application Interfaces

The development of Market Contexts in EMIX were spurred by conversation in EITC. EITC makes poor use of the Market contexts so far, largely because as defined now, they predate those contexts. I want to start work on EI making fuller and better use  of the constructs from EMIX.

Having said that, EITC is a set of service/application interfaces, rather than an information model. EITC requires statements about the services and interactions that are beyond those in Market Context. As an example, EITC will need to communicate a need for Randomization, or as I like to think of it, blurring, of response starts and stop. This specific application requirement *may* be part of a Market Context rather than of the Event Interval.

In other words, I want the EI Market Context to make fuller use of the EMIX Market Context while adding to it elements that are not going to be inside the EMIX material.

Thoughts and Suggestions welcome.

tc

“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”
– George Bernard Shaw.

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

TC Editor: EMIX, EnergyInterop

U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com/
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com