Subject: RE: [energyinterop] What should be enrolled

I assume you are talking about enrollment of a Party in an Enabling Agreement (Market Context, Program, Tariff, Bilateral Trading Agreement)

In this case the Parties cannot be devices or resources.

For example a distributed energy resource is not a Party.  A distributed energy resource operator could be a Party to an Enabling Agreement.

Likewise meterAuthority is not likely to be a Party to an Enabling Agreement – it is an information provider just like the weather forecaster.

I think we should stay away from creating enumerated types but just set rules for the type of entity that can be enrolled as Party in an Enabling Agreement and give examples.

If a jurisdiction wants to standardize such names then they can do it, EI should not in my opinion.  For example, many of the enrollment type names may be very different in Europe or Asia.

Edward G. Cazalet, Ph.D.

101 First Street, Suite 552

Los Altos, CA 94022

650-949-5274