Subject: RE: [energyinterop] Groups - energyinterop-1-0-schema-wd28.zip uploaded

Thoughts about WD28 Schemas:

1)                  Do not incorporate Reading Type. Detailed discussion in Issue 504. http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/ENERGYINTEROP-504. Separate comments on Reading type elsewhere.

2)                  We have waffled on Price communications. We have gone back and forth on a single element, compliant with EMIX or a single generic element whose meaning is determined by a string in another part of the schema, which is what we have now. We have gone back and forth several times on this (Full emix[fat]_expression_, the current model, factored _expression_ as tight as current model, back to current model). The SGAC is almost certain to jump all over this, perhaps reject because we have declined to use a model actually consistent with the EMIX model. What we have now is only transformable with a moderately processor-intensive Schematron acting on independent variables, which is bad.

3)                  We have not fully normalized / rationalized the unit communications in streams. The Streams schema makes a start at it, but is not yet incorporated into EiClasses. This overlaps with but is not identical to the issues in (1).

4)                  If we rationalize (2) to meet the architectural concern, then the enumerated signal types in get simpler (fewer).

I will start comments on the Reading Type later, probably in Jira

tc

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

TC Editor: EMIX, EnergyInterop

U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com/
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com