Subject: Roles for EiEnroll

We've been using "EnrollingEntityType" and the element name enrollingEntity for a while as "the entity that is requesting enrollment".

My next message will have the jpg diagrams for the Enrollment-related types for comment.

As I've elaborated the EiEnroll service, this name now ambiguous -- is the EnrollING thing the one that takes the enrollment, or the one that requests it, or the on that has requested it?

We have parallels in other services (Enrollment is one of several proposals):

Role
Registration
Enrollment
Tender
Active/Initiator of request, active in requesting
Registree
Enrollee
Tenderor
Requestor
Passive in request, active in achieving
Registrar
Enroller
Tenderee
no name
verb infinitive
to register
to enroll
to tender
to quote

I'd like members to make suggestions as to the name(s) to fill the matrix as consistently and clearly as we can. My thoughts:
  • Registration and Tender seem unambiguous with common names thought the "ee" suffix is reversed
  • Quote::requestor is the "party that requests the quote" and makes sense as a request. We have no name for "the party that you ask for a quote from"
  • Enrollment is the harder one--I'm enrollING but I enroll with whom? An enrollER?! I think that "EnrollingEntity" suggests "the entity with which you enroll" which reverses the earlier role description.
  • Irregular common verbs make this a harder problem.
Thanks!

bill
--
William Cox