Subject: Re: [energyinterop] Message headers in section 6.6 of wd30 spec

Ed -

That's how you compose in security, including non-repudiation information (see e.g. lines 1245-1247).

The Alliance can put its information in the header; the EI payload is the Payload in figure 6-1 line 1241.

And yes, it's more general than WSDL; any of the transports we've discussed (and I've talked to people doing EBXML, CIP, and others) have the same structure.

The patterns for message exchange are OneWay, so there's no expected messaging system response unless that's built in - we're building for highly scalable systems without a lot of message chatter, hence the application level acknowledgements that combine a typical messaging system ACK with a real message, saving considerable interaction.

You have a similar effect with responses on oneway messages when you're doing REST.

Hope this helps.

Yes, the spec could be more general there.

Thanks!

bill
--
William Cox