Subject: RE: [energyinterop] Spec state

I believe we have something stable in all big picture ways.

Today, I have spent generating artifacts with code, i.e., working the parts.

The Actor/Party discussion came out of that. It breaks some tooling some of the time now, but it is not because the model is conceptually wrong, but because a detail is not right. BTW, this issue can cause problems inside the target as well.
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/ENERGYINTEROP-592

Small differences in naming conventions are also not model breakers, but do detract from the polish on the work.
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/ENERGYINTEROP-591

I suspect we will continue to have changes in cardinality in the payloads through tomorrow, as folks see them at last in mostly stable form. Please, folks, put them in Jira, not in notes to me. We are too close for me to miss one.

The Reading Type enumerations do not change the model, they should not interfere with your analysis. I think they can be clearer, If that was the only concern I had, I would say vote it out.

This comes to two large issues: Reports and Edkea.

Edkea is having the right conversations in http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/ENERGYINTEROP-585

Reports have, to my mind, sufficiently flexibility to request, to track, and to report nearly anything. The service payloads that arrived yesterday support a wide range of common scenarios:

- report during event
- report an hour before through an hour after  an event
- report all of the VEN's customers/resources of a certain kind
- report on a list of the VENs customers
- deliver a report right now on anything at all.
- if needed (MISO) deliver a report with 6 payloads instead of 1, and let that be configured / requested on the fly

- request a report at some interval, and keep two weeks on hand of it at all times, and I will ask for it, or part of it  when I want it.

- Reports and snaps are now requested identically, and return the same Type

- do any of the reports above for the future (projections)

-support any of the above interactions outside of events, and outside of VTN-VEN requests.

The information exchanges are extensively described (and illustrated) in sections 5.4, 5.5, and 5.6

The Payloads are not yet adequately described in the Operations of Reports, to my mind.

So I would say it is stable, it is ready for requests, and it is worth examining/comparing spec and schemas in detail. As the report area comes, I see it as a separate contribution so that it can be isolated until commented on.

tc

"It is the theory that decides what can be observed."   - Albert Einstein

Toby Considine
Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu