Subject: EiStatus use case, need decision on name and semantics

Regarding Jira issue http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/ENERGYINTEROP-600 ...

Please read the issue for details. Proposes a new service operation in EiEvent called "EiPushPendingEvents".

Please read the entire message - at the end I explore names and symmetric use.

Key item:

Allows VEN (or VTN) to push its own status regarding pending events.

Proposed definition for Pending (events where the present is in the closed interval from Notification to the end of the Active Interval).

Sends the IDs of all events that are Pending to the recipient.

No response. One way.

Comments in the issue, please.

Gerry Gray MAY have something to say about the proposed name. The "EiStatus" that has slowly been deleted (we discussed the vestigial appearance at the TC meeting today) was intended for this purpose.

Distinct from EiRequestEvent in that Status/PushPendingEvents sends IDs only, not the EiEvent structure and its transitive closure, so this is much smaller.

Questions:

Name?

Is this useful or needed for PULL of this? In which case I'd make it

EiRequestPendingEvents
EiReplyPendingEvents

where the latter does just what EiPushPendingEvents does.

Comments welcome by noon Thursday, as that's when this gets done...

Thanks!

bill
--
William Cox