Subject: Re: [energyinterop] Final ballot on CS01/Energy Interop 1.0 is coming soon

As to the message subject line in the appended message:

   "Final ballot on CS01/Energy Interop 1.0 is coming soon"

I see that I failed to send out a housekeeping note when I created the
repository entry for the final CS01 version of "Energy Interoperation
Version 1.0", following its official publication in the OASIS Library.
Congratulations on your CS01!   But apologize for oversight in not
communicating the OL and Kavi publication details,  so here
belatedly are the relevant URIs for published CS01:

1. TC Kavi repository entry in "Approved Work Products"

Energy Interoperation Version 1.0
Committee Specification 01
Document identifier: energyinterop-v1.0-cs01
[Uploaded: 26 January 2012 01:22pm]
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=44932&wg_abbrev=energyinterop
Repo: see http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/documents.php?wg_abbrev=energyinterop

2. OASIS Library

http://docs.oasis-open.org/energyinterop/ei/v1.0/cs01/
http://docs.oasis-open.org/energyinterop/ei/v1.0/cs01/energyinterop-v1.0-cs01.html
http://docs.oasis-open.org/energyinterop/ei/v1.0/cs01/energyinterop-v1.0-cs01.zip
http://docs.oasis-open.org/energyinterop/ei/v1.0/cs01/wsdl/
http://docs.oasis-open.org/energyinterop/ei/v1.0/cs01/wsdl/energyinterop-v1.0-cs01-wsdl.zip
http://docs.oasis-open.org/energyinterop/ei/v1.0/cs01/xsd/
http://docs.oasis-open.org/energyinterop/ei/v1.0/cs01/xsd/energyinterop-v1.0-cs01-schemas.zip

The CS01 specification is dated in the Library as "16-Dec-2011"
since that was the date of approval at CS01 level by the TC.

I don't know the current TC plans in detail, but it appears from Bill's
note below that the TC intends to ballot the latest CSPRD as CS, which
will be CS02.  That may or may not turn out to be EI "final" for v1, since
the TC can decide to create a CS03, CS04 (etc) or advance the
specification in the Standards Track as COS and OS.  Any of those
would be more "final" than CS01 or CS02, should the TC decide
to continue development/maintenance using the Standards Track
process.  The TC's root directory is admirably clean in the OASIS
Library to show the progress:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/energyinterop/ei/v1.0/

I need to check with TC Admin team about the latest CSPRD, since
I recall that we spotted a couple infelicities or bugs, which (?) may
or may not have been reported in the interim.

Cheers, and congratulations on your excellent progress in this
technical work!

- Robin

Robin Cover
OASIS, Director of Information Services
Editor, Cover Pages and XML Daily Newslink
Email: robin@oasis-open.org
Staff bio: http://www.oasis-open.org/people/staff/robin-cover
Cover Pages: http://xml.coverpages.org/
Newsletter: http://xml.coverpages.org/newsletterArchive.html