Subject: Call for Speakers at I-Grid 2012, China

If anyone is interested in representing the OASIS Energy TCs as a speaker at this event in China in September, please let us know. Note: the conference organizers are *not* offering to cover any travel expenses.

Best regards,
Carol

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: wendygong <gird@keynoteforum.com>
Date: 2012/3/7
Subject: 9601 Call for Speaker at I-Grid 2012, China
To: carol.geyer@oasis-open.org

Dear Dr.  Carol Geyer,

We are proud to announce that BIT’s 1st World Congress of i-Grid 2012 (I-Grid), with the theme of Security, Reliability, and Energy Efficiency, will be held during September 24-26, 2012 in Taiyuan, China. Now we’re calling for experts whose working area is relevant to the Smart Grid to exchange novel ideas, explore enabling technologies, discuss innovative designs, and share field trial experiences. On behalf of the organizing committee, we sincerely invite you to join this event and exchange your ideas and experiences with the professionals from all over the world. (Session details PS: http://www.bitcongress.com/i-Grid2012/fullprogram.asp )

The construction of a smart grid is a key part of economic growth and enhancing the ability to optimize energy allocation, including the integration of new generation capacity from both renewable and fossil fuel sources. BIT’s 1st World Congress of i-Grid 2012 (i-Grid 2012) is an event for you to attain deep understandings on China’s smart grid initiatives, roadmap, regulatory environment, ongoing pilots of local utilities, local network and international smart grid industry, as well as share insights on the future market developments.

As a distributed energy solution, intelligent grid will have concrete benefits for both the environment and the economy. The congress aims to serve as both the premier platform for sharing foremost research results in the area and as a forum for introducing and exploring new concepts. For this year’s congress, we are especially interested in presentations that document recent breakthroughs in the following topics:

  • Outlook of Global Smart Grid Infrastructures
  • Smart Grid Technologies and Engineering
  • Public Smart Grid Development
  • Industrial Landscape of Smart Grid-A Bridge for Implementation
  • Private and Community Benefits
  • Smart Grid Commercialization and Business

=

For more information regarding I-Grid 2012, please visit our conference website at http://www.bitcongress.com/i-Grid2012/ .

To facilitate us to know your further interest, we appreciate your advices on:

1. What topic would you like to talk about at our conference? Could you please forward us a speech title and a brief introduction to the topic?

2. Do you have any suggestions about our scientific program or want to chair/ co-organize one of the sessions?

Welcome to Taiyuan and enjoy your stay in one of the most beautiful and attractive cities!

Best regards,

Ms. Wendy Gong

Program Coordinator

Organizing Committee of WCIG-2012

East Wing, 11 F, Dalian Ascendas IT Park,

No.1 Hui Xian Yuan, Dalian Hi-tech Industrial Zone,

LN 116025, P. R. China

Tel: 0086-411-84799609 ext.814

Email: wendygong@bitpetrobio.com

Tentative Program

Forum 1: Outlook of Global Smart Grid Infrastructures
Session 101: Global Trend of Smart Grid and Infrastructure Enhancement
Session 102: Smart Energy Management via Smart Grid
Session 103: Smart Grids by Country
Session 104: Smart Grid on Renewable & Clean Energy
Session 105: International Alliance for Synergizing Smart Grid

Forum 2: Smart Grid Technologies and Engineering
Session 201: Digital Technologies in Smart Grid
Session 202: Smart Network and Smart Grid
Session 203: Automation and Functional Technologies of Smart Grid
Session 204: Integration of Electricity into Unified Grid
Session 205: Smart Electricity Transmission
Session 206: Smart Meters, Sensing, Communication Technologies
Session 207: M2M, Middleware and IOT for Smart Grid Optimization
Session 208: Smart Materials for the Smart Grid
Session 209: Virtual Power Plants
Session 210: Large Scale Energy Storage Technologies
Session 211: Standardization of Smart Grid

Forum 3: Public Smart Grid Development
Session 301: Smart City and Smart Government
Session 302: Smart Grid and Cyber Security
Session 303: Smart Public Transportation
-Railroad and Bus Transportation to Harbor and Airports
Session 304: Smart Heathcare and Education
Session 305: Smart Shops and Public Buildings
Session 306: Smart Bank
Session 307: Smart Charging Station

Forum 4: Industrial Landscape of Smart Grid-A Bridge for Implementation
Session 401: Super Smart Grid and Super Grid
Session 402: Smart Electric Vehicle
Session 403: End-User Oriented Product Development
Session 404: Innovations in Utility Smart Grid and Intelligent Appliances
Session 405: Smart Power Distribution Products

Forum 5: Private and Community Benefits
Session 501: Smart Home, Automation and Office
Session 502: Smart Utilities
Session 503: Smart TV, Communication and Networks
Session 504: Smart Community Road and Lighting System
Session 505: Microgrids

Forum 6: Smart Grid Commercialization and Business
Session 601: Investment in Smart Grid
Session 602: Energy Management System
Session 603: Management of Distribution and Supply Chain of Smart Grid
Session 604: Marketing Innovative Products and Customer Interactions
Session 605: Across Board Partnership and Collaboration

--
Carol Geyer
Senior Director of Communications and Development

OASIS | Advancing open standards for the information society
+1.781.425.5073 x209 (Office) | +1.941.284.0403 (Cell)
http://www.oasis-open.org

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen
YouTube:    http://www.youtube.com/oasisopen