Subject: Energy Interoperation Public Review - proposed comment resolution - any objections?

EITC --

We've finished the public review in the OASIS Standard process.

One comment received a few hours in advance of the formal public review period:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/energyinterop-comment/201401/msg00000.html

I agree that the comments are non-substantive. Though they arrived before the start of the Public Review, we should address them -- and the reference update will improve the specification.

It would be ideal if the "reference correction" process applied to OASIS standards (pre-publication) but so far as I know something like that is proposed but not effective. So here's the draft response:

Planned response:

We agree that these non-substantive changes improve the specification by updating references. The Technical Committee agrees that these will be addressed through the non-substantive change process in TC Process https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#errata .

If you object to this response, please reply to the list right away or call the chairs. We will notify TC Admin to start the ballot after submitting this comment log.

We plan to start the formal ballot the start of next week (May 13).

As this specification is intended to be submitted to the IEC in the near future, we may defer the errata process as it can only be done once in any six month period; we have also requested that the reference update request process available for OASIS Committee Specification Publication be applied in this case, possibly after pending OASIS Board action on process evolution.

Thanks!

bill
--
William Cox