Subject: RE: [energyinterop] Background re: steps for Energy Interoperation forwarding to the IEC

All,

Thanks for a productive meeting today as we looked at options for advancing EI to IEC. We focused in on “option b” of the three options offered to us by OASIS, and Bill sent around a draft agreement and will update that and circulate again for TC review. The update based on feedback will be what we vote on at our July 9 TC meeting. As Toby noted on the call, there may be some back and forth with IEC, but the plan we discussed (and also as we discussed in IEC PC118 meetings) is that OASIS will provide EI to IEC PC118 WG1 to become a Committee Draft. Our next PC118 meeting is in September in Singapore, and the goal there will be to put the EI spec out for comment, then address those comments with the goal of moving EI to international standard status with a minimum amount of technical changes. The OASIS goal is to avoid forked standards, and the goal is that EITC work cooperatively with PC118 to meet the needs of the world, with the same document published by OASIS as IEC. The EI submission agreement between OASIS and IEC will spell out how to make that cooperation work while maintaining efforts in both OASIS and IEC.

For now,

David

From: energyinterop@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:energyinterop@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of William Cox
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2014 10:07 AM
To: EITC

All --

To guide our discussion at our Workshop meeting this week and Regular meeting next week, I'm forwarding an email from Jamie Clark, OASIS' liaison chair, with wording from a recent forwarding agreement.

This gives the context, and OASIS' requirement to avoid forking the specification. I've emboldened the context-setting paragraph below.

I've also attached the recently approved ebXML request to forward their specifications to ISO as another example.  The direct URI is https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/52622/ebXML-submission-request-v4.pdf ; document is attached.

Thanks!

bill