Subject: Update on IEC work on Energy Interoperation 1.0 and upcoming meeting

All -

As many of you know, we've been waiting for IEC action on OASIS Energy Interoperation 1.0. Work continues in IEC, but David Holmberg and I as chairs have initiated a liaison discussion.

Progress has been slow, and while OpenADR2, a profile of Energy Interoperation, and an adapter standard to connect OpenADR2 to IEC TC 57 CIM demand response and DER information models are both progressing, Energy Interoperation is not progressing as quickly.

Alternatives for us to discuss include evolving the forwarding agreement, the IEC-OASIS liaison agreement, and further cooperation in transactive energy.

I am pleased to note that the OASIS Standard architecture for demand response (VTN/VEN) has been adopted by IEC TC57 WG21 in their standards starting with IEC 62746-2 and -3; this makes the adaptation of CIM DR to OpenADR 2 (IEC 62746-10-1) simpler.

We will share news as we get it, and will call a TC meeting at some point soon to discuss those issues and to talk about improvements such as use of the WS-Calendar Platform Independent Model and Streams, and other opportunities to advance our work. We'll do a doodle poll for available days/times for that next meeting.

Please feel free to contact me or David Holmberg (copied on this email) for further discussion related to Energy Interoperation, CIM DR, adaptation, and IEC.

Thanks!

bill cox

--

William Cox