entity-resolution-comment message

Subject: Defining longest match

A little while ago, Paul raised the point [1] "Now that we are doing
normalization, I'm not sure "longest" is well-defined.  In
any case, I think we have to define it explicitly.  Are we counting
normalized or unnormalized characters..."

I don't think this has been clarified in the spec.  For convenience, it
would be helpful if the longest match is based on the normalized value of
the system identifier/URI reference as this implies that the normalization
can occur as the internal catalog data model is created rather than having
to wait until after the elements are sorted.

Regards
Rob Lugt

--
Rob Lugt