entity-resolution-comment message

Subject: tr9401 customization to XML catalog.dtd

Hi All,

Thought I should let y'all know that I added support for the full OASIS
TR9401:97 semantics to the (non-normative) dtd for the new OASIS XML
Catalog spec, but I was unable to do it without editing 'catalog.dtd'.

I ended up adding a 'local.catalog.class' parameter entity to
catalog.dtd, and now it works fine. Following John Cowan's lead, I used
'soc' as the namespace prefix for
"urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:tr9401:catalog"

The Point:

I named the customization tr9401.dtd, and put it on the web, along with
the modified catalog.dtd, some testdocs, and content models generated
from Norm's DTDParse tools.

If anyone's interested, the stuff is here:

  http://globaltranscorp.org/oasis/catalog/xml/

BTW, I also tested John Cowan's conversion scripts, (fpi2urn.pl,
urn2fpi.pl, & tr9401cat2XMLcat.pl) and was very happy with the results.
(Though I did tweak the catalog conversion script a bit.) I'd like
to include these in a debian package of OASIS-catalog-utils. I hope
licensing won't be an issue...

Let me know if anyone on the list finds the dtds useful.

Thanks for all the work on the spec!

Cheers,
Mark
Mark Johnson
Duke Physics        <mark@duke.edu>
Debian SGML         <mrj@debian.org>
Home Page:          <http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/>
GPG fp: 50DF A22D 5119 3485 E9E4  89B2 BCBC B2C8 2BE2 FE81