entity-resolution-comment message

Subject: Re: [entity-resolution-comment] Public Comment

I don't know about a recommended approach, but there are a number of things
you could try:-

1)  If you are sharing the catalog on a windows network, try using UNC paths
instead of drive mapping.  e.g.
<uri name="http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/docbook/";
   uri="file://<host>/<share>/file"/>

2)  Consider using relative URIs in your catalog.  If I remember rightly,
these should resolve relative to the catalog file in which they appear.
e.g.
<uri name="http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/docbook/";
   uri="docbook/"/>

3) Following on from your idea of putting file locations in another file,
such as mechanism already exists in XML, so you can use that.  e.g.

<!DOCTYPE catalog [
<!ENTITY % files SYSTEM "file-locations.ent">
%files;
]>
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
<uri name="http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/docbook/";
   uri="&PROJECT_INSTALL_LOCATION;/docbook/"/>
</catalog>

Best regards
Rob Lugt
ElCel Technology