Subject: Re: Catalog requirements

Norman Walsh wrote:

> Well, we can't vote yet, but we will be able to very soon. Lauren
> suggested that it might be useful to have a preliminary discussion of
> the requirements. I'm attaching the current version. Comments?

Okay, I will return the serve by objecting to the following requirements
as unnecessary, painful, and generally un-British ("a very ancient word
meaning *very bad indeed*" -- Cordwainer Smith, _Norstrilia_):

      The catalog must provide the ability to map system identifiers to URIs.

      The catalog must provide the ability to map notation names to URIs.

      The catalog must provide the ability to map entity names to URIs.

      The catalog must provide the ability to map URIs to alternate URIs
           (for example, namespace names).

--
There is / one art                   || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
no more / no less                    || http://www.reutershealth.com