Subject: No Subject

[ I sent this a few days ago, but accidentally sent my reply to Norman alone ...
]

On 17/11/2000 17:20:55 Norman Walsh wrote:

>It seems likely that not-to-distant XML systems will have no remains
>of DTD syntax at all. We need to provide a little more support for
>those systems.
> [ ... ]
>  SYSTEM
>  PUBLIC
>  NAMESPACE
>  SCHEMALOC
>  STYLESHEET
>  INCLUDE

I agree with Norman that it is important to plan for life after DTDs, even if
rumours of the death of DTDs may have been greatly exaggerated.  My question
though is whether we will be well enough served by any set of 1-1 mappings.  Is
it reasonable to aim for 1-N mappings, so that if you have NAMESPACE defined you
can ask xmlcat to give you the matching array [ NAMESPACE, SCHEMALOC,
STYLESHEET, INCLUDE ] ?  In particular, I am thinking here that you could have
entries in that array that do not have keywords defined to name them, but which
are of importance to the end user.

     Cheers,
          Tony.
========