Subject: OASIS and W3C liaison issues

Laura,

I am writing to you in your capacity as W3C AC representative for OASIS. During
our work in the Entity Resolution TC, we have come across an issue (discussed
at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/entity-resolution/200101/msg00029.html)
which requires some liaison with a W3C Working Group.

One proposed solution is to inform the W3C Schemas WG of the issue, and also
inform the W3C XML Coordination Group. Since OASIS is a member of W3C, and
at least one member of the ER TC is also a member of the XML Schemas WG,
this route would allow us to raise the issue and work with the W3C XML Schemas
WG to find a solution.

Since the Schemas specification is nearing completion, the issue has to be
raised quickly. If you have concerns about our proposed way of finding a solution,
please let us know by Thursday. I will unfortunately not be available between
Thursday Jan 25th and Tuesday Feb 6th, but other members of the ER TC
(specifically Paul Grosso) are prepared to work on the issue in my absence.

regards,

Lauren Wood, Chair, OASIS ER TC