Subject: RE: Proposal for XML syntax for catalogs

Hi Norm;

thanks for the clarification, I had not noticed the change in following the
thread.  I'd like to 'not go that far' as well!

Regards,
David Leland

-----Original Message-----
From: Norman Walsh [mailto:ndw@nwalsh.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 3:58 PM
To: entity-resolution@lists.oasis-open.org

| >> <group override="no" xml:base="absURI">
| **************************
| This seems to be a clear statement that the OERTC's result will be that
the
| xml:base will be an absolute URI.

I've changed the example to read:

  <group override="no" xml:base="alternateBaseURI">

| Would we not then be more clear about the state of our requirement if we
| were to write the requirement like this:
| <!ENTITY % URI  " (absURI? | relURI?) " >
| <group override="no" xml:base="%URI;">

I don't think we need to go that far, the 'abs' part was just a thinko
on my part.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@East.Sun.COM    | So, are you working on finding that bug
Technology Development Group | now, or are you leaving it until later?

This electronic transmission and any files attached to it are strictly
confidential and intended solely for the addressee.  If you are not
the intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy or take any action
in reliance of this transmission.  If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify us by return and delete the same.
Further enquiries/returns can be posted to postmaster@informa.com
Thank you.