Subject: Minutes from 2001 Feb 05 telcon

Attendees
=========
JohnC
Norm
Paul
David

Norm accepted the chair duties; Paul to take minutes.

Agenda
------

Talk through comments on the latest draft.

Norm had the latest draft up at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/spec.html (Jan 31)

JohnC asked for clarification of how the nextCatalog entry works.
Paul clarified (it inserts new catalog entry files into the list
of catalog entry files immediately following the current catalog
entry file; multiple nextCatalog entries insert entry files in
the order the nextCatalog entries were found).

Paul had sent a commented version of the draft to the mail list:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/entity-resolution/200102/msg00002.html

(though the formatting of the comments is lost in the archive).

We discussed Paul's comments, many of which were editorial or
otherwise not particularly technically substantive, so I didn't
take detailed notes on non-controversial things that Norm will
reflect in the next draft.

We brought up the question of whether we want a delegate-system
functionality.  See also Paul's and Norm's earlier messages
in the thread starting at:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/entity-resolution/200012/msg00037.html
JohnC will send something to the list about this, and we will
have an email discussion.

Norm brought up a discussion from the schema wg.  He explained
that some folks from the schema wg think that the namespace name
of a schema is itself it public identifier.  JohnC pointed out
that the same schema can have multiple namespace names (or was
it that the same namespace name can have multiple schemas?).

JohnC asked if we should make public identifiers (or at least
formal public identifier) into URNs.  Paul isn't sure what this
buys us.  JohnC says it makes FPIs "part of the web architecture."
Norm likes this too, so Norm and John will work together on this.

paul