Subject: Re: locating schemas via public ids

During its telcon last Thursday, the XML Schema WG voted to
turn down our request to address this issue in XML Schemas 1.0.

While they open the possibility of addressing this a future
version, my reading of the discussion is that they don't have
an understanding of the issue that matches ours, so I see no
reason they would add it later.  (And who knows what "later"
is in Schema terms.)

So this may affect some things we may want to do in our work.

paul