Subject: Re: agenda for ER TC teleconference 20010507

/ John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com> was heard to say:
| Norman Walsh wrote:
|
| > Unwrapped!? Perhaps this is more insidious than I thought.
| >
| > Are you suggesting that
| >
| >   urn:publicid:-:OASIS:DTD+DocBook+XML+V4.1.2:EN
| >
| > should *match*
| >
| >   PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN" "docbook.dtd"
|
| I don't know whether your last line there is a 9401-style
| catalog entry, or an SGML/XML external identifier: they have
| exactly the same syntax!

I meant the former. I should have used the XML Catalog format.
Bad norm! No biscuit.

| I meant that if your catalog has a mapping for the public id
| "-//OASIS/DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN", then an external
| identifier giving the public id above should be satisified by it.
|
| Why not?

That's more deeply insidious than I had imagined. I'm going to have
to think about that...

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@East.Sun.COM    | Words--so innocent and powerless they
XML Standards Engineer       | are, as standing in a dictionary, how