Subject: What about urn:publicid: in the catalog?

/ Lauren Wood <lauren@softquad.com> was heard to say:
| If a resolver is passed a urn:publicid as the value of a system id or a URI,
| then we take the unwrapped value and assume that to be the value of the
| public id.

What implication does this decision have for:

  <uri name="urn:publicid:foo" uri="something.else"/>

and

  <system name="urn:publicid:bar" uri="another.something.else"/>

1. They're perfectly fine, they'll just never match.

2. They're automagically transformed into

     <public publicid="foo" uri="something.else"/>
     <public publicid="bar" uri="another.something.else"/>

3. They're an error

Or something else?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM   | One of the great misfortunes of mankind is
XML Standards Engineer | that even his good qualities are sometimes