Subject: Re: What about urn:publicid: in the catalog?

/ Lauren Wood <lauren@softquad.com> was heard to say:
| > What implication does this decision have for:
| >
| >   <uri name="urn:publicid:foo" uri="something.else"/>
| >
| > and
| >
| >   <system name="urn:publicid:bar" uri="another.something.else"/>
| >
| > 1. They're perfectly fine, they'll just never match.
|
| I don't understand what you mean by "match" here. Each other?
| Anything else in the catalog?

The SAX entityResolver() function takes two arguments, a public ID and
a system ID, in that order. We've said that a call to

  entityResolver(null, "urn:publicid:foo")

will be automatically treated as if the actual call had been:

  entityResolver("foo", null)

so this entry in the catalog:

  <system name="urn:publicid:bar" uri="another.something.else"/>

can never possibly match because there's no way to put the string
"urn:publicid:..." in a system identifier. We turn strings of that
form into public identifiers.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM   | Human felicity is produced not so much by
XML Standards Engineer | great pieces of good fortune that seldom