Subject: Re: agenda for irregular ER TC teleconference 20010516

At 17:36 2001 05 15 -0700, Lauren Wood wrote:
>Last issues to get the spec finished: 01:00p EDT (10:00a PDT,
>17:00GMT, 18:00BST, 19:00CEST, 02:00JST+) on Wednesday 16
>May 2001 for one hour.
>
>The phone number is 877.475.9234, participant code 900793.

I must send my regrets.  Norm has my proxy.

> - default name of  the catalog?
> - wording about where the PI should go

Upon more reflection and in light of the email discussion,
I really want to regain the minimalist ground here.  I would
now vote no to do the PI in the instance at all--toss this
idea from the spec.

I would also not want an standardized
default name of the catalog.  Any implementation can define
any process by which the initial catalog (aka catalog entry
file list) is determined including looking for a file called
xcatalog in the same directory as the document instance, but
there are too many problems with standardizing this in our spec.
No matter how I look at it, this is packaging issue, and we
shouldn't go there.  A long time ago we said that we would not
do Issue B of TR9401, and that's what this is.

> - urn:publicid issues

Norm has my proxy on these issues.

paul