Subject: Re: SAX 2.0 enhancement proposal

> From: "James Clark" <jjc@jclark.com>
>
> If you change this, you also need to change DTDHandler to pass a baseURI and
> the system ID. This would align better with the infoset
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/#infoitem.entity.unparsed

Having spent a bunch of time yesterday looking at the infoset as it
applies specifically to SAX, I think "DTDHandler" changes might
be more justifiable:  the XML parser isn't interpreting those URIs,
so the requirement that relative URIs be interpreted according to
that part of the spec (which I won't quote again :) can't apply.

But the infoset (arguably :) provides more support for my position
with respect to parsed entities:  in the ONLY case where a parsed
entity's system ID (URI) shows up, it doesn't get the funky treatment
Rob is proposing:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/#infoitem.doctype

> You need both the base URI and the unabsolutized system ID.  I would use a
> hack like ...

Aargh, please no ugly hacks, ever.

- Dave