Subject: Re: SAX 2.0 enhancement proposal

I'm not subscribed to xml-dev, so I can't post there,
but I give permission to forward this message there if
anyone cares to do so.

About half of the OASIS Entity Resolution Technical Committee
(ERTC) are active members of the W3C XML Core Working Group,
the group with the responsibility for maintaining and
interpreting the XML 1.0 Recommendation as well as developing
the Infoset spec.

Whereas reasonable people may disagree on the interpretation
of something in almost any written work, David's viewpoint
of what is in compliance with the XML Recommendation is not
shared by a fair number of the W3C XML Core Working Group
members.  As far as the Infoset, the XML Core WG also wrote
that specification (the original editor of that spec being one
of the key members of the OASIS Entity Resolution Technical
Committee), and most of us don't believe that anything therein
is contrary to the positions taken in the XML Catalog draft.

paul