Subject: minutes from ER TC 20010709

The agenda didn't make it due to email "From" header problems.

Present: Norm, Normand, Lauren, Tony

Minutes from the last meeting: accepted.

Norm didn't get the new draft out, so we will need at least one more meeting. He
will publish a draft today.

Normand has one comment: rewrite could be done by XSLT conversion of the catalog.

Norm:  XSLT cannot usefully substitute for rewrite. We do want to avoid things
like rewriting the suffixes. Norm has added a section on what rewrite is for. That
may be enough to show the motivation for rewrite.

Daniel Veillard's issue of xcatalog (raised by Norm). It is possible to make sure
it won't apply. Since you can turn this off, can a conformant implementation not
allow you to turn it on? This feature only applies in a narrow set of
circumstances, when the application doesn't have an initial list of catalog entry
files. Postpone until the new draft comes out.

Next meeting next Monday.

Lauren Wood, Director of Product Technology, SoftQuad Software
Chair, XML 2001 - Information at www.xmlconference.org