Subject: Re: [entity-resolution] Re: [chairs] inactive TCs

On 23 Aug 2002 at 11:17, John Cowan wrote:

> Norman Walsh scripsit:
>
> > Time for an entity-resolution committee meeting, me thinks.
>
> I have a more radical suggestion (Latin radix = root, as in ripping up by
> the roots; radish comes from the same source).
>
> Let's let the committee expire as was intended.  Its work is done.
> Meeting just to be meeting so that we can go on meeting is pointless.
>
> OTOH, if anyone has any actual work to do, I'd like to hear about it now.

There were a couple of comments on the comment list that Tony propsed we
deal with, so that is one issue I would like to clean up (first off, whether we
should deal with them or not).

Then we should decide whether we want to go through to OASIS standard.

Since this committee has not decided that the chair can raise these
particular issues by email, we need to have a meeting to decide on them. At
this meeting, we can (if we choose) decide to close the committee down.