Subject: [entity-resolution] minutes from ER call 20021003

Present:
Lauren Wood
Norman Walsh
John Cowan
Paul Grosso

Absent:
Tony Coates
David Leland
Normand Montour

Issues:
1) We should have a FPI for the DTD.
We will use -//OASIS//DTD XML Catalog V1.0//EN

2) Should there be a customization layer for the DTD?
We didn't provide the hooks that we talk about in the normative specification.
This would not be a change to the normative specification, but to make the
non-normative DTD match up to the normative specification in a better way.
Thus this is editorial; no objections to making the addition of
<!ENTITY % local.catalog.class "">
to the DTD.

The editor may add others as he sees fit when he considers this issue, on
condition that he email the mailing list to allow for comments.

3) Should we go for OASIS standard in the near future?
The resolver is now part of the Apache package, so we should be able to find
three users. We should probably do this.

4) Norm raised the issue of system ID interpretation of being a pure URI.
Suggestion to deprecate the system entry in version 1.1 and define lookup in
terms of public + URI as well as public + system. Minimalist argument. Norm
says that there was a SAX issue; action item to post something on it.

5) John thinks we should make an editorial revisions and replace both the
TREX and RELAX schemas with a RELAX NG schema. Agreed on.

6) Norm will use the new OASIS look and feel for the revision

7) next meeting: October 24 at the same time (11am Pacific). Norm will post
the phone number.