Subject: [entity-resolution] minutes from ER TC meeting 20021024

Present:
Norm
Paul
Normand
Lauren

All the active members are present.

Two open action items: Norm was to publish the problem with the SAX
API, and to get someone to argue the system/public case. Nobody
signed up for the latter. Norm has not yet had time for the former,
but is starting to care less. There is no way to ask the entity
resolved to resolve an unparsed entity for you, for example.

Norm moves that we move the current draft to committee specification.
No objections.

Item: do we move forward to OASIS standard? Norm suggests that
publishing a revised committee spec means we should let people use it
before pushing it forward. We will also talk to people about it at
XML 2002. Lauren to ask Karl to mention this at the OASIS talk, and
ask about putting copies of the spec at the booth. We will be able to
get three member companies who are using the specification to admit
to it. So early next year we intend on attempting an OASIS standard.

Next meeting: Jan 14th 11 am Pacific time.

Lauren Wood, Chair, XML 2002
Information at http://www.xmlconference.org