Subject: SYSTEM identifier use case

This use case came up while I was processing the proceedings files
for the XML conference. In this case, I have several files, each in
their own directory, and the DTD and associated other files in
another directory, so we have
01-01-01/01-01-01.xml
01-02-01/01-02-01.xml
dtd/gcapaper.dtd
dtd/isoamsa.ent
etc

Because different people author the XML files, and the system ID in
the file always ends up different, with only the "gcapaper.dtd" at
the end being the same, I want some way to say "only look at the last
bit of the system URI, the gcapaper.dtd, and match that to
../dtd/gcapaper.dtd". Unfortunately SAX always sends the absolutized
URI, and this causes problems (I get too much of the directory path)

Norm implemented an extension to his resolver which does what I want -
 <ext:systemSuffix suffix="gcapaper.dtd" uri="../dtd/gcapaper.dtd"/>
but of course it isn't widely implemented.

Is this a use case that other people also think is worth covering in
the spec?

regards,

Lauren

---