Subject: status

Hi everyone,

at some stage we talked about maybe going for OASIS Standard but
everyone seems to have been pretty busy since. Our last issue (system
identifier matching) was discussed a little in January without much
energy. So do we want to kick the TC back into life and have a phone
call, or declare victory and close the TC?

Life still isn't perfect in catalog land; I started writing a
tutorial and got somewhat stuck trying to get things to work
sufficiently (see
http://www.laurenwood.org/anyway/index.php/archives/2004/04/26/technol
ogy-works/; mind you, most of the problems were not really catalog-
related) and haven't finished it yet.

Making the catalogs into an OASIS Standard would cost some time but
would also give a bit more of a fillip; we would have to do some
marketing of course (and I'd have to finish that tutorial!)

cheers,

Lauren

---
Lauren Wood, Textuality