Subject: RE: [entity-resolution] New draft attached

If the external identifier does not have a public identifier,
then the catalog cannot contain a matching public entry (since
there is nothing to match), so this combination really reduces
to the case where the catalog contains a matching system entry,
but not a matching public entry (in which case, yes, the matching
system entry is used).

paul