Subject: reminder: phone call Tuesday Aug 23

Reminder that we have a phone call on Tuesday Aug 23 at 9 am Pacific,
12:00p EDT, 16:00GMT, 17:00BST

Call +1.865.524.6352
  Code: 7386368#

Agenda:

1) check the material for the OASIS Standard vote
a) public web page at http://www.oasis-
open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=entity
b) FAQ (will be in your email box soon)
c) we need a blurb to send companies to encourage them to vote

2) action items from previous meetings
a) Mark to check with RedHat about using catalogs for web services
applications
b) Norm to look for his "what are catalogs for" document and update
if necessary
c) Norm to look at the unofficial test suite and figure out if we
should formally link to it

3) dividing up the companies for lobbying? There's a list at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=voting
which shows more than one person for many companies (meant to only be
one rep per company to vote!) but gives us an idea of how many voting
companies there are. To pass we need to have at least 15% of the
companies voting, which I think is going to be the tough hurdle. The
ballot itself will show up at http://www.oasis-
open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballots.php; if you click on one
of the previous ballots you'll see how tough it was for other groups
to get enough votes (the OO vote had 25% of eligible companies
voting, DITA 2 17%, and SAML 2.0 24%). Apathy will be our biggest
problem.