Subject: Re: [entity-resolution] minutes from meeting 20051004

Mary McRae wrote:

>   While this can be done during the public review phase, no changes whatsoever are allowed once the document is submitted for
> Standard vote. It's a shame that the comment wasn't raised at that point. The TC could take the schema and vote it to CD status and
> then post as schema v1.1.1 but it can't be incorporated into the standard unless another standard vote is conducted.

But what's the point here? It is simply typo that would be corrected in
errata otherwise. Isn't it then better to fix this typo before final
document is published?

What is better?

1) To publish document with known typo.
2) To publish document without typo but breaking process rules that are
complety non-sense in this particular case.
3) To publish document without typo because by accidental typo during
editing front page, typo in non-normative part was accidentaly
corrected. Such things can happen (probability level 1/2^128) and no one
can prove that processing rules were cheated intentionally.

OK, I know that by joining OASIS I agreeded to process rules and
resistence is futile. But I also want to say that if option 2) is really
prohibited by OASIS rules I will not blame editor for editing final copy
of standard on the board of Heart of Gold.

					Jirka

   Nejbližší termíny školení: DocBook 5.-7.12. * XSL-FO 19.-20.12.
      XSLT 17.-20.10. * XML schémata (včetně RELAX NG) 7.-9.11.

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature