esat message

Subject: Food for thought about existing systems

Hi all,

FYI, Let me share a couple of pictures from a shop in my surroundings,
the pics are in google drive under 'shop-example'.

It's a very low-tech and little demanding use of QR as replacement for
cash, as shop doesn't really have to do anything else than make a
contract to get a seller ID, and print out QR code, and customer has an
app on phone, which can be easily (even anonymously) charged via ATM.
As you can see from zoomed-in picture, user can even choose between 2
payment processors (I believe one is actually charging to your phone
bill).
The verifcation of payment relies on people's honesty though, as custer
just types in the amount of on the receipt, and then shows 'paid'
screen the sum to cashier.
Not sure how fraudulent cases will be handled though, my best guess
that same way as counterfeit money, and I guess forensics will be much
more difficult.

I'm wondering if and how we should add this use case, or at least
acknowledgement of it in the final document.

Best regards,
  Lauri.