etmf-comment message

Subject: Comments on the OASIS eTMF standard development

As a vendor developing systems for managing content, records and processes in a number of areas of the Life Science value chain we are particularly interested in the establishment of standards. We have participated in the eTMF Reference model development and observed its development over the years that the group has been operating. Over this time the model has matured with experience being fed into it over time leading to improvements. It is imperative that any standards initiative builds upon this experience. OASIS brings experience from the standards development world which can again lead to a refinement of the standard, so long as alignment is built into the process.

As we as vendors look to develop systems based around the standard in order that clients can implement quicker and less expensively there is only one thing worse than not having a Standard to work with and that is having more than one Standard to choose from !

Over time it can only lead to fragmentation in the initial phase and then wasted effort across the industry until alignment or victory is achieved within the standards world. Let us learn from the past lessons of duplication of effort and build in that alignment from the beginning. There is then a better chance of achieving a universal standard to move forward with. That way vendors of systems can avoid the dilemma of having to select the path to take and clients/implementers can be less concerned about picking the “Betamax” equivalent and having to change later on.

Jonathan Burd
Solutions Director

Events: http://www.gpcmevent.com

Mobile:

+44 7771 960 843

Office:

+44 115 924 8475

Web:

www.GXPi.com

Mail:

jburd@gxpi.com

http://www.gxpi.com/email$/images/linkedin.jpg

Simple Compliance Grouphttp://www.gxpi.com/email$/images/simple-compliance.jpg

Follow Us On Twitter

http://www.gxpi.com/email$/images/email-banner.jpg

Legal Disclaimer >

Confidentiality: This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this e-mail and highlight the error.
Security Warning: Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us.
Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.
This message is Copyright © 2009 - 2014 GXP Limited. Registered Office: Cawley House, 149-155 Canal Street, Nottingham, NG1 7HR. Registered in England and Wales. Company Registration Number: 05797675