etmf message

Subject: OASIS process review at your next TC meeting

Hi eTMF members,

As several of you are new to OASIS and as you are all moving quickly towards starting a working draft, Zack asked me to join you at your next TC meeting to review how documents move through the OASIS process from Working Draft through OASIS Standard. In particular, I will cover:

- The stages drafts progress through and your responsibilities with respect to them and mine
- When and how public reviews are conducted and what the TC's responsibilities are with respect to comments that you receive
- Motions you will make and votes you will take and which ones you can run and which ones must be run by me
- The requirements for achieving Committee Specification and OASIS Standard

And of course any other questions you have or issues you want to discuss about how this all works.

In particular, please take note that there are several open public review cycles built into the process that will be extensive. Also - very important - comments cannot be accepted from outside the TC by any channel except the etmf-comment@lists.oasis-open.org. Members should not bring comments in from outside that this person or that asked you to share - other than exchanges via approved liaisons of course. This requirement is there to protect the TC and member commitments under the IPR Policy and the TC's IPR mode. So while I know it can be tempting for someone to make a comment that you think the TC would be interested to know, please do not share that yourself. Instead, point the person to the -comment@ list and ask that they submit it through that mechanism.

Instructions on signing up for the comment list can be found at https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=etmf

I look forward to talking with you all in a couple of weeks.

Best regards,

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org