etmf message

Subject: Status of the eTMF TC - is it time to close?

Members of the eTMF TC,

As you know, the eTMF TC has been inactive for some time now. I've not seen activity since the eTMF V1.0 was approved as a Committee Specification in 2016. More recently, the TC has been left without a Chair. Perhaps it is time to declare victory and close the TC?

Under OASIS rules, a Technical Committee without a Chair can do no work until a new Chair is elected. Further, if a TC is without a Chair for 120 days, I am required to close it.

I never want to close a TC that still intends to do work. On the other hand, there is certainly nothing wrong with wrapping things up if the group feels the work is done.

As is standard OASIS policy, all the TC's work and historical record will continue to be available on the OASIS platform as of course will the published Committee Specification.

Please let me know if you would like to elect a new Chair and continue working or alternatively if you think it is time to close. If I hear nothing by next Tuesday, Nov. 14th, I will take that as an affirmative answer to my question and close the TC.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to talk about this further.

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393