ffm message

Subject: RE: [ffm] Approving FFMII Specification V1.0 (via Electronic approval)

Hello FFM TC Members,

FFMII Specification V1.0 approval via electronic voting is cancelled, because the new end date (September 25) is after our next scheduled conference call (September 24).   Thus, we use our next conference call time to approve the specification.

Sorry to the confusion.

@Paul, thank you for the  clarification on of the process.

Regards,

Thinh

From: ext Paul Knight [mailto:paul.knight@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:42 AM
To: Nguyenphu, Thinh (NSN - US/Irving)
Cc: ffm@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Thinh and all,

It's good to see the work progressing.

However, I noticed that the voting period (4 days) specified in the message which initiated the ballot is not permitted by the TC Process [1], which requires:

Electronic Voting: TCs may conduct electronic ballots, either by using the TC's general mail list or the publicly archived electronic voting functionality provided by OASIS. The minimum period allowed for electronic voting shall be seven days; the TC may specify a longer voting period for a particular electronic ballot. Any Work Product Ballot conducted as an electronic ballot must permit each voter to choose "yes", "no" or "abstain." Eligible voters may change their vote up until the end of the voting period.

Thinh, please send a message correcting this issue (by extending the closing date through at least Monday, September 24).  There is no need to repeat the votes which have already been sent in by TC members.

Best regards,

Paul