forest message

Subject: RE: OASIS Forest Industries TC

Title: Nachricht
Kurt,

OASIS is the global open systems standards organisation.  See link below

http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ - this explains what OASIS does.

There is a Forest Industries Technical Committee within OASIS.  See link below.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/forest/charter.php - this explains the purpose of the Forest Industries TC.

eFIDS are data standards to be used within the forest industry for electronic transfer of data.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/documents.php?wg_abbrev=forest if you download the document eFIDS FAQ2.doc this provides Frequently Asked Questions on eFIDS. (note this will be uploaded to the FAQ link on the site shortly).

We developed eFIDS through an organisation in the UK called the eBusiness Forum (EBF).

http://www.forestryscotland.com/ebusiness_forum/tp1.asp?parent_id=2

The above link is to the EBF website.  This gives background information on what we have been doing to promote e-business in UK Forestry.  If you look under the What We Do link you will see reference to Data Standards and in particular to e-trading standards

http://www.forestryscotland.com/ebusiness_forum/tp1.asp?parent_id=3&select_id=13&expand=12

The above link explains the eFIDS data standards further.

regards

Steve

Steve Atkins
Head of Finance Systems Development