fwsi message

Subject: RE: [soa-rm] RE: [ebsoa] The real SOA challenge?

To add a bit to Wes' comments:

Companies may gloss over a standard since most of the time they are trying to find something to work internally. If a vendor has a product that works for a given task they will most likely buy that and think of standards as a second thought. Standards are only good for an integrator if it is implemented.

SAML is a great case to look at for Interoperability and use with various vendors.

I do agree standards are important but what standard is important.
Take a look at the amount of security standards for WS out there.

Can you argue whether to use which one for what reason and this is just Oasis?

- Oasis ASAP
- Oasis DSS
- Obix Security SC
- Oasis PKI
- Oasis AVDL
- Oasis WAS
- Oasis WS-SX
- Oasis WSS
- Oasis XACML

- WS Policy
- Etc...

How many White papers should one read?

This is to give a perspective from someone who tries and keep up with the different standards.

Thanks,

- Dan