geolang-comment message

Subject: [geolang-comment] Code set list

To structure this debate somewhat, here is the complete list of code
sets that have been discussed/proposed so far, in the order I think we
may want to cover them.

 ISO 639                    http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/langhome.html
 ISO 3166                   http://www.din.de/gremien/nas/nabd/iso3166ma/
 RFC 3066                   http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-tags
 ISO 3166-2                 http://www.din.de/gremien/nas/nabd/iso3166ma/
 UN/M49                     http://www.un.org/Depts/unsd/methods/m49.htm
 USMARC                     http://lcweb.loc.gov/marc/languages/
 ISO 15924                  http://www.evertype.com/standards/iso15924/
 UN/LOCODE                  http://www.unece.org/cefact/locode/service/main.htm
 IANA charset registry      http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets

Opinions about code sets that we should drop, that should be added, or
comments on the proposed order of the code sets?

For the first six code sets we already have proposals, in some cases
even more than one proposal. The only one that looks like it will