geolang-comment message

Subject: Re: [geolang-comment] GeoLang Codes in Japanese

Mary Nishikawa wrote:

> A friend of mine at JSA  is checking to see if any of our targeted code
> sets are translated into Japanese or some others.  If there are, can we
> add them too? I think that it is good to have some non-roman
> representations. It is also interesting. Thanks.

If there is a code-based cross reference compatible with a code
in our agreed-upon set, my topic map engine can probably do the
necessary merge to bring it into the base names of the existing
topics. All my sources are hand-converted into LTM (well, using
sed and other UNIX utilities), so as with John's comments, there
first needs be a sanity check but I don't see a problem with this.
It can also be a supplemental topic map that can be merged
separately (which is actually what I'd recommend, since the size
of these files will be an issue given they'll be processed rather
commonly by topic map applications).

Murray

Murray Altheim                         <mailto:m.altheim @ open.ac.uk>
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK

      In the evening
      The rice leaves in the garden
      Rustle in the autumn wind
      That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu