geolang-comment message

Subject: Re: [geolang-comment] Re: Releasing my work

At 21:07 22/02/02 -0500, John Cowan wrote (in geolang-comment):
>I suggest that the Dublin Core properties be converted to a topic
>map pronto (I volunteer) and then we insert the authors and contributors
>as topics in their own maps, with associations binding them to the
>map itself.

The PubSubj TC is likely to do this anyway, since it is concerned with
general requirements and recommendations for publishing PSI sets. I've done
an incomplete first cut at such a solution at

    http://psi.ontopia.net/ontopia/pubsubj.xtm

also viewable in the Omnigator at

    http://www.ontopia.net/omnigator.

The reason it is incomplete is because I was focusing on the modelling
issues, and because PubSubj hasn't yet formally decided to create PSIs for
the whole of Dublin Core.

I feel it is important to emphasise that issues like this, that have
general applicability beyond GeoLang, should be brought to the attention of
PubSubj. In other words, whenever any TC working on PSI sets (and that now
includes XMLvoc in addition to GeoLang) feels a need for some kind of
general mechanism, it should make sure that PubSubj has it on its list of
requirements.

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Chief Executive Officer <pepper@ontopia.net>
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3  Editor, XTM (XML Topic Maps)