geolang-comment message

Subject: Re: [geolang-comment] what is a language

Bandholtz, Thomas wrote:

> [...]

Thomas,

I agree entirely, as I don't see Northern Sierra Miwuk on the ISO
list and have some friends who speak it (and Pomo, too). But it's
not within the scope of *this* TC to do that, merely to provide
the methodology so that other people (perhaps more appropriate
bodies than OASIS) to do so. Let them step into the snakepit, not
us. If we can convince the SIL to provide a PSI set for all of
their languages, that would be great! In fact, I personally would
offer to do the work (you can pass that along) if they don't have
someone on staff to do it and they're willing to commit someone's
time to working with me. We could very likely automate it.

Murray

Murray Altheim                  <http://kmi.open.ac.uk/people/murray/>
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK

      In the evening
      The rice leaves in the garden
      Rustle in the autumn wind
      That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu